Record Sets should be created if you are updating more than five (5) items at one time. Updates include:
- editing Shelf Location
- withdrawing items from the collection
- incorrect call numbers
- marking items missing
All record sets must follow MBLN Naming Protocols.
Once the Record Set is complete, email the name of the Record Set to *RSUpdates and let them know what action should be taken. You must notify Tech Services if you want the items edited. Please send one Record Set per email. BPL only: Remember to put the branch name, date, action requested and initials of the sender. See examples below.
Once Tech Services has made the changes, they will email confirmation and delete the Record Set.
You must email *RSUpdates to make the changes. They will not make any changes unless you notify them you are ready for them to do so.
Also, if Record Sets are not properly named and staff looking at the Record Set list can’t determine the reason for the Record Set, it will be deleted.
BPL Staff *RSUpdates Email Format
- Please send only one record set / requested change per email.
- In the Subject line of your email – please put in your Branch Name or initials – the Date – the Action requested – (your initials)
- Subject: SE – Apr. 2013 – Remove from New shelf. (nrb)
- Subject: SE – Apr. 2013 – Remove from New shelf. (cjw)
- Subject: SE – Apr. 9, 2013 – Withdraw items. (ec)
- Subject: SB – Apr. 2013 – Remove from New shelf. (klo)
- Subject: SB – Apr. 10, 2013 – Withdraw items. (zwu)
- Subject: SB – Apr. 10, 2013 – Withdraw items. (jjs)
- Subject: SB – Apr. 11, 2013 – Remove from New shelf. (mg)
- Subject: WR – Apr. 6, 2013 – Remove from New shelf. (jd)
- If you are removing items from the New Shelf – please remember this is a change in Shelf Location. The collection does not change.
- In the text of your message, please put the Record Set name and the Action to be taken
- Record Set Name: HP Withdrawn March 2013
- Action Requested; Remove from New Shelf
- This will provide a double check for Tech Services