Suspended holds work a little bit differently in Polaris. The system is configured to maintain queue position if a hold is suspended/inactive however the hold must first be saved as an active hold.
- Place the request as usual.
- Save the request with an active status. Make sure you do not change the Activation Date (see below in yellow).
- You can now see the request in the Holds Queue.
- To suspend the request, open up the hold request, change the Activation Date and save the changes. The Expiration date will automatically change and the status becomes Inactive.
- You will no longer see this request in the Holds Queue (and the number of active holds is reduced).
- If you wish to see all holds for a record, select All Hold Requests through Links (this will show inactive, shipped, etc).
- When the hold becomes active, it will then be placed in the appropriate spot in the Holds Queue.
- The request can always be viewed in Patron Status – Requests workform.