These instructions are for marking an item missing on an individual basis.
If the item is requested
- In Check In, type in the barcode in the item barcode
- Select No in the Transfer Hold box that appears
- Select Yes in the Reactivate Hold box to reactivate the hold request
- Highlight the item and select the Manage Item icon
- Put a checkmark in the box marked Circulation Status and select Missing from the dropdown menu. Then select Save.
- This item has now been marked missing
If the item is not requested
- Start with step 1 above.
- You should not see a Transfer Hold box (skip steps 2 & 3)
- Proceed from Manage Item icon (step 4)
For a list of items
Once you have scanned in all the items, you may highlight all of them in list and proceed from Step 4.
For a list of items – BPL staff only
If you have a list of items, you may create a record set of items and then send an email to *RSUpdates to bulk change them.