If you are renewing an item from the patron status window and it is overdue, you will see an Overdue Fine pop up box.
- If the patron wishes to pay that fine and hands you the money, select Pay. Only select Pay if they physically hand you the money.
- If the patron wishes to pay later, select Charge Account (you may always go to the Account workform to take care of all of their fines/fees)
If you are checking in an item in Regular Check In and it is overdue, you will see a Check In – Fine box:
- The box will indicate in red if the patron has an account balance
- If the patron is standing in front of you and wants to settle the fines on just the items they have returned, select Continue
- If the patron is standing in front of you and does not want to pay their fines, select Charge Account
- If the patron is not standing in front of you, select Charge Account
When you are done Checking In items, you must take care of the patron record:
- Pay New will only pay the fines/fees on the items recently returned
- Charge New will add the fines/fees to the Patron Status account
- Manage All Fines will take you directly to the Patron Status Account workform
Bulk Check In
Use Bulk Check In for your bookdrop. It is also recommended that you use Bulk Check In if the patron is not standing in front of you.
When you check in an item in Bulk Check In, fines/fees are automatically charged to the patron account.
If you had the patron status record open, you must remember to refresh their account (F5) for an accurate list of fines/fees and/or items out.